Friday, April 22, 2011

My "dream" project

One of my ceramic assignments this semester was to create a "dream" project. The meaning of "dream" was left to our interpretation. I chose to make a wall piece with an abstract flowing feminine form suggesting floating or dreaming. Here is the piece when I had just finished making it in wet clay. After the piece dries it will be fired in a kiln to about 1800 degrees, the bisque firing.





I then apply glaze to the piece. On this one I choose to do a stain first using Cobalt Carbonate which is deep blue. I then put a Celedon glaze over that. Celedon is a beautiful transparent soft green which should work well with the Cobalt's blues to make my piece appear watery, flowing, and dream-like. Here is the piece at this stage. 





And here is the piece after it has been glaze fired. This is done at about 2300 degrees. I think it came out wonderfully.


No comments:

Post a Comment